Serves 4 - 6
- 8 oz. raw chopped oyster mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup half-mashed veggie such as broccoli or cauliflower
- (keep some pieces chunky for texture)
- 2 cups cooked black beans (mash 1 cup)
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ tsp dried oregano/ basil/ rosemary
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Lightly sauté garlic and onions in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, salt, pepper, and oregano/ basil/ rosemary.
- Cook for about 10 minutes so that juice can evaporate.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Add veggies, black beans, bread crumbs.
- Stir in cheese and eggs.
- Let mixture rest for about 15 minutes while moisture is being absorbed.
- Keep a bowl of water ready for dipping your hands into (little veggie oil will also work).
- Form patties.
- Pour a little olive oil in the same skillet and fry the burgers.
* on salad or on a bun
* with guacamole, hummus or steak sauce
* topped with a fried egg