Serves 4 - 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs sirloin steak cut into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8 oz. oyster mushrooms, cut into thick slices
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Brown the meat in the olive oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until browned.
- Remove the meat and cover to keep warm.
- Add the butter to the pan. Saute the garlic, onions, and mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add thyme.
- Cook the mushrooms and onions for 5-6 minutes or until tender and browned.
- Add the flour to the pan, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the beef broth until sauce is smoothly blended. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Add the meat back to the pan and mix well with the sauce. Cook for another few minutes until warmed through.
Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Serve beef tips over cauliflower mash, mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice.
Recipes created & tested by Elsa Dixon, Travels with Elsa