Crustless Salmon, Spinach & Mushroom Quiche
- 3/4 cup flaked cooked salmon (about 5.5 oz. raw fillets of salmon)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced oyster mushrooms
- 1 leek (slice white and light green part thinly)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp sage
- 2/3 cup grated cheese (e.g. Mexican or Romano cheese)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (preferably whole)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray quiche dish with cooking spray.
- Cook salmon fillets, skin-side down in 1 cup water (or ½ wine, ½ water) for about 5 - 10 minutes OR poach in the microwave. Wrap with plastic wrap and microwave for about 3.5 minutes. Test with a fork to see if fish is cooked through. Cook additional 30 – 45 seconds if necessary. Cool down.
- Flake the salmon when cooked.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Saute sliced leeks for about 1 minute. Add the spinach, mushrooms, salt and sage. Cook on medium-low for about 6 minutes until vegetables are cooked. Cool down.
- Stir flaked salmon into veggie mix and pour into greased quiche dish.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over mixture.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Add a pinch of salt. Pour egg mixture over the mixture.
- Sprinkle fresh dill on top.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Check that the center is not too liquidy.
Garnish with lemon zest, olives and parsley.
Recipe created & tested by Elsa Dixon, Travels with Elsa