Dotty Mushroom Pizza
Dotty Mushroom Pizza [makes one 6" pizza]
Ovens are hot! Always have a grown up assist with oven related steps
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients [flour, baking powder and salt] in a bowl
- Stir in the milk and olive oil until a soft dough forms
- Lightly sprinkle flour on a clean surface and knead the dough 10 times
- Shape dough into a ball and cover with an inverted bowl. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Tip: Preheat oven and prepare toppings while you wait.
- pizza sauce
- Freshly Harvested Greenbox Mushrooms *sliced thinly
- Mozzarella cheese
- Smarties / M&M’s for decoration
- Optional toppings: pepperoni; salami; ham; really anything else you like on pizza!
- Roll dough out and shape into a mushroom shape
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F
- Let the crust cool down and decorate with your toppings, spreading a thin layer of pizza sauce first.
- Tip: DO NOT add the candy dots until pizza is done baking or they will melt!
- Bake pizza with toppings for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F
- Decorate your mushroom pizza with Smarties/M&M's
Recipes created & tested by Elsa Dixon, Travels with Elsa