Mushroom Baked Stuffed Tenderloin
Serves 4 - 6
- toothpicks, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 6 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 ½ cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp sage
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (remove the silver skin)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp mustard (preferably dijon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly fry chopped bacon in a pan for a few minutes.
- Add and saute the mushrooms with the bacon.
- Add the garlic and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley, and sage, and let the mixture cool.
- Split the pork lengthwise so that the tenderloins lie flat, taking care not to cut it all the way through.
- Beat the pork with a mallet to tenderize it.
- Spread a little mustard then the mushroom mixture over the pork.
- Roll up the tenderloins lengthwise, and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet. Sear tenderloins for about 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
- Place tenderloins in a covered dish in the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let the meat rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with parsley.
Recipes created & tested by Elsa Dixon, Travels with Elsa
Recipe created & tested by Elsa Dixon, Travels with Elsa