Serves 4 - 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef (or ½ beef, ½ pork)
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or oats
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- large tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
* Baking tray (grease or spray with cooking oil)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Cool down.
- Use your hands to mix beef, carrots, mushrooms together.
- Add onion mix.
- Add breadcrumbs or oats.
- Mix in Worcester sauce, paprika, oregano, thyme, parsley, red pepper, and
- salt and pepper.
- If the mixture is too wet, add breadcrumbs.
- Use heaped tablespoon of mixture to roll into balls.
- Flatten the ball with the thumb to make them look like rissoles (not quite as round as meatballs).
- Bake in oven on the baking tray for about 20 – 25 minutes.
Serve with a side of sweet potato fries or mashed potatoes.