Mushroom & Pork Sausage Fettuccine
- 8 ounces fettuccine (or other pasta)
- 8 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh oyster mushrooms
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp sage, optional
- paprika or cayenne pepper, optional
- fresh dill, optional
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Reserve the water after draining.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat for about 6 minutes.
- Remove sausage from the pan and keep aside and give the skillet a wipe.
- Add butter in the same pan. Saute mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 4 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and cook till more or less evaporated.
- Stir in the cream, reserved pasta water, parmesan cheese, and sage.
- Return sausage to the pan.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the cream thickens, adding more pasta water if necessary.
- Stir in the cooked fettuccine.
Before serving, garnish with paprika or cayenne pepper, sage and fresh dill.
Serve with garlic bread and salad.
Recipe created & tested by Elsa Dixon, Travels with Elsa