Oyster Mushroom Noodle Soup [Makes 2 servings]
This is a great Vegetarian alternative to Chicken Noodle soup as the oyster mushrooms very closely resemble chicken - in flavor and texture!
Stoves are hot! Always have a grown up assist with stove top related steps
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 very small onion
- 2 large carrots chopped/sliced
- 2 celery stalks copped/sliced
- ½ Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped freshly harvested Greenbox oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup fusilli or screw noodle pasta
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil and add the copped/sliced onion, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until soft over medium-high heat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to a low simmer. Cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to a week.