Our carefully selected Shiitake mushrooms are a most versatile pantry staple. Add bold flavor to pan sauces, rice dishes, eggs, and more. These restaurant quality Shiitakes are ideal for use in food service or in the home.
- 4-oz of Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- Our processing facility utilizes the most current equipment and technology
- Our mushrooms rehydrate quickly; uniformly sliced and chef approved
- Our packaging meets all US Food Manufacturing Standards for cleanliness and purity
Why Dried Shiitakes?
While fresh shiitake mushrooms can be are just as delicious, they can be harder to find. Having dried shiitake mushrooms stocked in your pantry means that you always have a flavorful ingredient at your fingertips. Our dried Shiitake mushrooms can last for months, maybe even years, if stored in an airtight container in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
Before using dried shiitake mushrooms in recipes, you need to soak them in hot water and remove the tough stems. Here's how.
- Cover the mushrooms in boiling water. Soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain. Strain the liquid and use in stocks and soups.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to stir-fries, soups and curries.